Monday, August 30

My apartment

This was what you used to see when you came into my apartment. Yep, that's pretty much it. I have a little apartment. About ten steps from the door to the window. The only furniture by job supplied was a bed, so that's all I had. You walked in and you could see my bed and my laundry. I didn't have anywhere to sit except my bed or the floor. There was no place to go in the apartment where you couldn't see my laundry or my dishes. Not all that cozy. The upside is that I like in a corner apartment on the 11th floor, and I have 15ft ceilings. I have two walls of windows. So there was nothing to see in the apartment, but outside was great. Another great thing about my apartment, it is only two blocks from work.
Then I bought a sofa. It took almost six months to choose one, but I finally found one that I liked. Some teachers who were leaving gave me the mirror. Now I have somewhere to sit, but I sit on the floor. It's easier to type that way.

I moved the bed to the other corner, and bought a set of drawers. It's actually a television stand, but I don't have a television. And really, it's drawers. Now, when I sit on the bed, I can't see my dishes. The book shelf makes a wall. Now I have two rooms in my apartment.


This is the book shelf. It is a very good book shelf, and a very good wall. It looks empty in this picture, but now there are a few more things on it, and it looks wonderful.


Now this is what you see when you come into my apartment. There are still only about ten steps from the front door to the window, but now it looks so much cosier and homey. I really like my apartment. I will probably only live here for another few months though. My boss said that after I get married he will find me a bigger apartment. It won't be two blocks from work, but I am willing to take the bus to work if it means that I will get to live with my husband.





5 comments:

armacleod said...

Very cute little place you have there. All you really need after all right? ;)

Anonymous said...

what does your kitchen look like? That's a very little apartment.

Joyce

Anonymous said...

I love your bookshelf. I want one. I don't have anywhere to put one, but I want it.

Joyce

Beloved said...

are you sure about taking the bus/ merely to live with your husband :P!

Jackie said...

Love the couch and pillows. Good choice in colours. You did a great job of making it homey. Now you will have to hang your art above your couch and take a picture of that.

Beautiful view of the mountain. Enjoy it while you can!!

And that's quite a sacrifice just cause you want to live with your husband. Does he know what you are giving up for him?! :P