Wednesday, October 15

71 days

Well, I have been back in Canada for 71 days. Yep, I've counted. It's been okay. I like Canada. I like living here. I like the food, even if I find Dortitos disappointing. I think I would like it better if I were getting paid to work, but I suppose that will come later. While I do love Canada, there is something that is missing. Okay, not really something, more like someone. I have been in Canada for 71 days. That means that I haven't seen Samuel for 71 days. It seems like forever. Sometimes I think I will go crazy. I didn't know it was possible to miss someone so much. I know some of you did the whole long-distance relationship thing. How did you handle it? Sometimes I think, it's only been 71 days, how can it be this bad already? I have 67 more days until Samuel comes at Christmas. If I'm this crazy already, how bad am I going to be by then? I refuse to think about after Christmas right now because I know I'll just have to go through all of this again. For now I am only thinking up to Christmas. After that isn't important right now. 67 days seems like a long time. I think I'll go crazy.

4 comments:

armacleod said...

Its tough. The only thing I can suggest is know when you'll see him next and then forget about it until then. Try to keep distracted with work and other things as much as possible. It won't fix the loneliness/missing him but at least you won't be pining for him all the time that way. Still you will have moments of deep longing and those are tough. That's why I have so many pictures of Andrea. So at least you can "see" Samuel whenever those moments occur. Hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

It sucks. Sorry. Just sucks. But you are more than half way to seeing him again, and life always gets busier leading up to Christmas. We like having you in Canada better. Josiah knows "Wobin" now! :)

Anonymous said...

You know, my husband lives in Saskatoon, and I live in Regina. We talk on the phone every night, I get to see him on the weekends, and I still count sleeps until I get to see him again. Yep, I'm a girl. So I think you are perfectly entitled to count the days until you get to see Samuel. And you could break those days down too. Like there are 13 days until your birthday, and then only 11 until a long weekend, and then only 21ish until you are finished teaching class, and then only 8 until Samuel is here. I know those numbers aren't exactly right, but groups of 10s and 20s are a lot smaller than 68.

Side note, at baby class last night they told us to not make major changes in your life around the time of having a baby. For example, don't get a new job, new house or move. Um, oops. I think all those things are happening in my family right now. Might as well throw a baby in with that too. Oh, and only 25ish days until I get to meet an outside George.

i am the diva said...

Hey Robin,
just found your blog through facebook - i just wanted to say that i'm sorry you're having such a rough go with Samuel. i haven't had time to read the whole backstory (yet), but my friend Kate has been going something similar for the last year... her husband is in Algeria and they've been trying to get him here and going through all of those hoops and stuff... They have a two year old son that her husband hasn't seen since he was 9 months old... but hang in there, you'll get your happy ending eventually.

laura harms