Tuesday, July 28

Boys are gross

The other day I forgot to take my Ipod with me when I went to clean. I always bring my Ipod with me. That way I don't have to think for myself. This time I had to do my own thinking. As I was cleaning, I was thinking about cleaning. More specifically, I was thinking about cleaning bathrooms. I have cleaned many bathrooms, and I have reached this conclusion: boys are gross. I don't mind cleaning bathrooms, but I am continually grossed out by what I see when I go into the men's bathroom. Mostly because of urinals. Apparently aiming is difficult. I constantly find puddles on the floor. One time I found a puddle on the top of the urinal. That takes some talent I must say. I always have to wash the walls around the urinals. Standing up to pee is messy work. Why do boys brag about it? I often find gum in the urinals. Surprise! Gum doesn't flush, if they had even bothered to try to flush. You know what else doesn't flush? Paper towel. Neither do pennies. They do cause the urinal to overflow though. Boys don't seem to flush urinals very often. Urinals drain anyway, why flush? Sometimes they don't flush the toilets. Boys pee standing up, so you know what's in the toilet. It often seems that they don't flush because they thought they had something to be proud of and wanted to show it off. It's like the redneck joke, you know you're a redneck when you leave the bathroom and say "ya'll better come see this before I flush it." I didn't want to see it.
The women's bathroom is not all roses either. There is always paper towel on the floor, and soap on the counter and hair in the sink. Occasionally I have to pick up a tampon wrapper from off the floor. Sometimes even pee on the seat. But never pee on the walls or puddles on the floor. Girls pee sitting down. Not bragging; fact.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why I avoid public bathrooms as much as possible. The only bathrooms that seem to be ok is generally a place where they clean a lot, the bathroom is out of the way for most people (ie/ there is a closer one that most people use,) the bathroom is generally new, and you happen to know the cleaning schedule. If all of these things are true then the bathroom experience isn't as bad.

armacleod said...

I just experienced this close hand at a hostel in Scotland. I was brushing my teeth and noted an Indian guy (From India not the other kind) go stand before the toilet without lifting the seat, and went all over the floor and seat and barely in the bowl. And I even think he went without washing his hands. Gross.