Wednesday, February 24

New Year



















For Lunar New Year, Chinese New Year to the rest of the world, the kids all dressed up in their hanbok and we took the afternoon to play games instead of studying. They were all very cute. The pictures are from the game I was running. It's a traditional Korean game where they throw arrows into a tall container. It's a lot of fun. The kids enjoyed themselves, but later when I asked my class if they had fun one girl said she had no fun at all. She hadn't won the prizes so she didn't have fun. The girl who had won a prize said she had a great time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those kids are pretty darn cute. Canadians should have cute clothes like that. Where is our culture? We have red mitts.

Joyce

armacleod said...

Those are very cute children. Looks like you had a lot of fun. As per the winning and losing games and feeling good, I think that's why some parents invented the whole "everyone's a winner" system. Give everyone a prize. Lol.

Jackie said...

Joyce, we have no culture to our fashion nor to our food. But yes, we have red mitts. I want red mitts. What cute kids and cute outfits. I want cute kids. Apparently I want a lot of things...mitts, kids, a man...Haha!!

Looks like you had fun. Playing games, even if you don't win, is always more fun than studying and classes!!

Beloved said...

neat picture.