Saturday, March 13

A few of my students

These are a few of my preschool kids. They are six years old in Korea, which means they
are four or five. They are at school from 9:50 until 2:30 everyday.


This is Molly. She is determined that she is big because she is in the six-year-old class. She has a lot of attitude to match her determination. The other day I wouldn't let her sit where she wanted to so she cried and then sat and glared at me. She will be angry for about two minutes and then forgets that she is angry. She likes to pretend that she is a princess. She is very smart and tries very hard to learn all the words she can in English, probably so she can yell at me better when she is angry. She is pretty cute, don't you think?



Next is Eric. He tries very hard to be good, but it is not easy to be good for that long. He wants to be good so he can get stickers, but he can't seem to be good for more than about 15 minutes at a time, which I think is pretty good for a five-year-old. He likes to talk and tries very hard to always speak English to me. He doesn't always know the right words, but he does very well to get the message across. Last week one of the other teachers was teaching the class and Eric told him "Eric...no good boy." He didn't know the word for naughty, but Brian sure understood what Eric meant. Eric used to be the one that drove me crazy, but now he is one of my favourites. He has a lot of personality. I'm pretty sure he is going to be a ladies man. He likes to sit next to the girls and help them. One day I had him sitting at the next table over from his current interest. He wanted to sit next to Sienna, but the table legs were between them, so he moved his chair over so he could sit closer to her. It is really very cute.



This is Roy. He started out as my favourite, and has pretty much remained there. He has got to be one of the cutest kids I have ever seen. He is the youngest kid in my class. He doesn't know as many words as the other kids, and he knows it, but he speaks louder to make up for it. He tends to yell a lot. He definately knows his name and can spell it and he won't ever let me write his name for him. He will do it himself thank you. He can't say the s sound at the end of words. It always comes out as a t. Absolutely adorable. He really likes busses.


This is Clara. She is going to be a comedian, I'm sure. She loves making the other students laugh. She also likes reading books and will entertain herself for a long time with a few books. This picture was taken after we had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to go with the song. Something that you would definately not be able to do in Canada. For that matter, I wouldn't be able to blog about my students and put their pictures up in Canada either. But this is Korea and it's okay. The parents would be thrilled. Anyway, you can see the sandwich on her face. Strawberry jam.






This is Daniel. He has no clue. They all know the alphabet, and we have been working on phonics, so they know the sound that each letter makes. I will ask for words that start with a certain sound, m, for example. He will say dinosaur. No clue. He likes to ignore the teachers and do whatever he wants, which is usually something he shouldn't do. He definately has selective hearing loss. At least he's cute. He likes dinosaurs and books about Thomas the Tank Engine. Unfortuately, there are only two in the library and I am tired of them now.
Well, that was half of my preschool class. I will introduce you to the others another time.


5 comments:

armacleod said...

Very cute kids. That princess girl reminds me of another. The difference being it's still cute at age 5-6, but not so at 12.

Jackie said...

Aww, adorable kids!! And so much personality. Never a dull moment when you work with kids!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, they are cute, but not the cutest kids ever. Have you seen Gloria. She is the cutest kid ever.

Joyce

melissa said...

Thanks for the update. Very cute! Looking forward to "meeting" the rest of your class on here.

Anonymous said...

So reminds me of the Kalapani kids in India! Thinking of you Robin!
Sharon Parker