Monday, January 14

100 things about me. Part 1

I got this idea from Jasmine. I think it's a great idea, so I'll give it a shot. I don't know how long it will take me to get to 100, but at least I'll have something to blog about in case I had a boring week. Consider this a comment, Jasmine. I love reading your blog.
1) I'm not very good at sharing feelings. Because of that, this will tend toward the trivial, but I will do my best to ensure that it is not entirely trivial. I will try to put something of substance in here.
2) I hate washing dishes. I usually let my dishes pile up until I have to wash dishes just so I can eat. I know that it would only take ten minutes to wash my dishes everyday, but those are ten minutes I would rather spend doing absolutely anything else. I also don't like to fold laundry. I don't mind cleaning the bathroom though.
3) I never actually learned the whole multiplication table. I have to seriously think about the 12's. This coming from the math teacher. I know, it's embarassing.
4) I have 31 pairs of shoes. I just counted. I don't wear them all and I should get rid of the ones I don't wear, but I find it hard to part with them. The sad part is, when we went hiking I had to borrow a pair of shoes from a friend because I don't actually own a pair of sneakers. Most of my shoes are either sandals or heels.
5) If I have potato chips in my house I will eat them all rather quickly. On the other hand, I have chocolate sitting next to my computer. It has been here for over a month and I don't even want to eat it. Chips are my weakness.
6) I always wear makeup. Even when I'm not leaving my house. I can't stand to see myself in the mirror without makeup on. I think it's important to look good for yourself, not for other people. Of course, I appreciate other people noticing, but really, I do it for myself. I know, I'm vain.
7) Sometimes I get distracted by my own cleavage. I wonder how often other people are distracted. I have to say that my bra is amazing. I love it.
8) I like to take pictures of plants. I'm not into taking pictures of people. I find the scenery more interesting.
9) When someone takes a picture of me I always pose. I get made fun of for this, but come on people, you can't just stand there and expect the picture to look good. You have to work it.
10) I'm scared of grasshoppers. I realize that there is nothing overly frightening about them, they are harmless and can't hurt me, but they're really gross. It doesn't have to make sense. Fear is irrational.
11) I think moving to Korea was the best think I have ever done. I have gained so much confidence, and I'm happy. It wasn't easy to leave, but I'm glad I did. It's not going to be easy to leave, and only part of that is because my boyfriend lives here.
12) I never had a boyfriend before. I'm going to blame that on the fact that I had no confidence and never talked to people. I'm still not really used to the fact that I have a boyfriend. His name is Samuel, by the way.
13) Sometimes in the evening I pull out my hymn book and sing. It's not the same without the four-part harmony, but I can hear it in my head, so I can pretend, and I can pick any key I want.
14) I love to buy stationery. I think the paper is pretty.
15) Dictionary.com is one of my favorite web sites. I use it all the time. Yes, I looked up stationery to make sure I used the right one. I look up words when I'm unsure of the spelling. I like to look up new words. Here's a good one for you: borborygami. Look it up.
16) I think I'm lazy. I could spend all day sitting on my couch watching TV. If I didn't have to go to work I would probably do that way too often.
17) I don't like to get my hair cut. Going to a salon makes me nervous. I don't know why, it just does. I'm sure they won't ruin my hair, they never have, but it worries me anyway.
18) I like cemeteries. I think they're calming.
19) I'm really bad at girl talk. You may have noticed this. Maybe it's because I haven't had much practice at it. Maybe it's because it goes with the "bad at sharing feelings" thing. Maybe it's because I'm not all that girly. Whatever the reason, I'm not good at it.
20) I know, I own 31 pairs of shoes and nine purses, I always wear makeup, I just called stationery pretty, I pose for pictures, and I'm scared of grasshoppers, but I'm not girly. Really.
Well, I do ramble on. I think I'll stop there. I need to save some tidbits for the next time.

8 comments:

Roy said...

I get distracted by my cleavage too.

What is with our family and cemeteries? I know Joyce likes them, and I also like to walk through a cemetery or take pictures.

Anonymous said...

You know, all of those things you said could be me saying them. Except I don't have 31 pairs of shoes, I only have like 20, and I own sneakers. And my boyfriend's name isn't Samuel. But besides that, we could be twins.

Joyce

armacleod said...

Actually I checked and I guess I'm more of a geek then you. The word is spelled borborygmi.

FourLeafClover said...

Lol. Yes, I will consider this a comment. Thank you for the nice compliment.

Awesome post. I love these blog games where we get to know each other better without having to actually talk. Just love 'em.

May's Musings said...

OK, so I want to know about this Samuel guy. You could elaborate for several more numbers.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you would have been better at talking if your sisters were better at listening. (Yes Joyce, that was directed at you!) I could go on about that, but Joyce has probably quit reading by now :)

I like your list. I don't think I would have the attention span to write 100 things, but find your very amusing! I'm so happy that you love Korea, but we miss you so you need to come back sometime. You can bring Samuel and pictures of plants if it helps.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, you should know I am much better at listening now. I made it through your entire comment. And as for information about Samuel, I have been emailing questions to Robin. I may have to forward the answers to everyone just so we all have the same information. And if you have any questions you think should be asked, let me know. We can put all the questions together and send Robin a super long email. joycertaylor@yahoo.com.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Part 1 very much, the email Joyce sent even more, and now I'm anxiously awaiting Part 2!