Thursday, April 17

Cherry blossoms

I'm a little late posting my weekly update, but I was busy procrastinating from making lesson plans for a new class I am going to teach next week. Then I was busy making lesson plans for that class. Now I am procrastinating again, so I thought I would give you an update.

Last Wednesday was election day here. To encourage everyone to go out and vote, it is a national holiday. Not wanting to waste a day off in the middle of the week we decided to go for a car trip to see the cherry blossoms in bloom. We went to a nearby national park called Naejansan.
Of course it rained on our mini-vacation, but we went anyway. There were fewer people in the park that way. The rain made the mountains look really cool because the tops were covered in mist.

There was a little babbling brook going through the park. I took lots of pictures because it was pretty.As the whole purpose of the trip was to see cherry blossoms, and to have a barbeque, I thought I would give you a few cherry blossom pictures. We didn't have the barbeque. The rain didn't let up all day. This is a close up of the cherry blossoms.

And now a road lined with cherry trees. I have to say that cherry trees are very photogenic so all the pictures I took look good even if some were fuzzy.
I think I have done enough procrastinating for now. I should make some more lesson plans so I will know what I am teaching next week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last picture reminds me of that scene in Anne of Green Gables when she is first arriving at the farm, and they drive through the road surrounded by cherry blossoms, and she gives is some happy little name, like the road of happiness, or something like that. What a good movie. Nice pictures. And it's good to procrastinate by letting us know what's going on. Really, it's not prcrastinating from work, it's updating the world on life. It's very important.

Joyce

Charlotte said...

Ah, Joyce beat me to it! I also thought of the scene in Anne of Green Gables as she is heading to the farm for the first time!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Robin said...

I thought of that, too. I can't remember what she called it, but that is totally what I thought of. Oh, Anne.

FourLeafClover said...

I am so envious of your adventures. ;P

Charlotte said...

Well, to answer your query about what Anne called that road between the blossoming trees - The White Way of Delight! At least that was in the book, and the movie followed the book pretty closely!