Tuesday, April 22

More flowers and trees

I know. You're so surprised that I took pictures of flowers and trees. What can I say? I like plants. Last weekend we went on more adventures. We went to a city about an hour away that has Korea's equivalent of the Great Wall of China. It was an ancient fortress built to keep out invading armies. All the way around the wall was a row of those bright fuschia flowers. Very pretty.
After visiting the wall we went to a nearby temple. The temple was in a forest. We were rather excited to walk through a forest. We thought the entrance fee was worth it just for that part. There was a little river going through with some cool trees along it. I took many pictures of course.
This tree grows out of a rock. It's apparently a national monument. It is really cool, but I'm not sure it's national monument worthy.
Finally you get some happy spring flowers. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I think you should print some of them big and get them framed. I would love to go for a walk there.

Anonymous said...

You know what the happy flowers at the end remind me of? Alice in Wonderland. You know the not cartoon one where the garden is alive and the flowers are mean to Alice? I think there were flowers like that.

I think I watch too much tv. Cuz the last two entries you made remind me of tv. But I haven't seen Alice in Wonderland or Anne of Green Gables for years, so maybe I'm just digging into childhood memories. Next week can you have something about Frog Prince or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

Joyce

Monica said...

How beautiful! I can almost smell the flowers and the forest by looking at your pictures. I bet it smelled so good! Like spring, not like snow and ice... Be glad you're not here this week! Your forest looks much warmer!