Wednesday, July 30

Black Belt

It's official. I can beat you up. All of you. I won't though. That wouldn't be nice. I wouldn't want to hurt you. I found out last week that I passed the test. I actually got the belt the week before, but found out the results of the test after that. Isn't that weird? Korea doesn't always make sense. Anyway, after we got our belts, but before the official results, we had a photo shoot in our uniforms. The Korean guy is our master. He was very nervous before our test, but we did him proud, and he wasn't so nervous after. We all did really well.

This is my name on my black belt. We wanted them to write our names in Korean. They put Craig's in English and spelled it wrong. We figured they couldn't get it wrong in Korean, and it's cooler that way.

5 comments:

armacleod said...

I was talking with my Judo sensei at dad's birthday party, (you missed some nice Icecream cake!) and he said that 2 weeks is actually a short time to find out. He said that normally the grading board (this is Judo mind you) for the province can pass you on your test, but the national grading board can put a half to the whole process if your paperwork isn't filled just right. He said he's heard of delays of up to 6 months. I would guess that it might be the same sort of issue if you looked into it.

May's Musings said...

Way to go! Bram has his brown belt in Karate - and he gets the results the same evening as the grading (but it takes hours and hours!).

Anonymous said...

That's so cool Robin. You'll have to teach me some things. Maybe you should kick Roy in the head. Just cuz.

Joyce

FourLeafClover said...

Amazing - you are too cool for school. :) I am strangely proud.

Anonymous said...

Good job! I agree with Joyce about kicking Roy. Sorry Roy.