Sunday, March 22

Coincidence? I think not.

I wonder if you have noticed the same thing I have. I listen to pop radio in the morning as I get ready for school. Usually I would listen to CBC but my alarm clock won't pick it up for some reason, the AM or the FM stations. I can get pop music though, and I actually like the commentary in the morning, so I stick with it. Anyway, I was listening to the music and noticed a theme. Well, two themes. Guy songs are about sex, girl songs are about how stupid guys are. Here are a few examples of some of the lyrics; "I wanna make love right now, now, now. I wanna make love right now, now, now." "I wanna make love in this club, in this club, in this club, in this club. I wanna make love in this club, in this club, in this club." "You spin my head right round, right round when you go down, when you go down, down." I kid you not, those are the actual lyrics. Here are some girl song lyrics; "Good-bye, you suck, never really liked you." "and now that we're done I'm gonna show you tonight, I'm alright, I'm just fine, and you're a fool, so, so what..."and the next time that he cheats you know it won't be on me." Does anyone else see the correlation there?

3 comments:

FourLeafClover said...

That pop music seriously sucks nowadays?

armacleod said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
armacleod said...

I quit listening to most radio stations a few years ago when they stopped putting on music that I actually cared about. I used to listen to CBC Radio 2 but on the drive to work and the drive home they have since changed the shows and the music quality has become erratic to the point of annoyance. So I don't listen anymore. Most of the music I get now is from Asia, just like my TV shows. Again similar reasons. For some reason some of the other countries in the world have not succumbed to the banal garbage that NA seems to be obsessed with these days. Ever heard of classical music anyone? That's on my soundtrack for my life.

BTW This runs direct into a blog of a friend of mine which is so on target to this topic.

http://carebearsunshine.blogspot.com/2009/03/divorce-separation-heartache.html