Wednesday, March 2

Day 13 - A Fictional Book

The title of this annoys me. Fictional means not real. This book is real. It actually exists. I have read it lots. It happens to be a work of fiction.



Anyway, I haven't read fiction that isn't for kids in quite a while. I have been into non-fiction lately. But, really, are kids' books just for kids? We can all enjoy them. I enjoy story time. Who doesn't?
I will tell you about one of my favourite books in the school library right now.
The book is called Mean Soup. I think it's wonderful. It starts like this;
"It had been a bad day for Horace. He forgot the answer to question three. Zelda gave him a love note. And Lulu, the show-and-tell cow, stepped on his foot." He's in a very bad mood by the time he gets home. His mother cheers him up by making a pot of mean soup.
It's a great book. The kid's name is Horace for one thing. It's really fun to read because it involves a lot of screaming. The kids all love it. You should read it.

1 comment:

Roy said...

I was thinking the same thing about the title. Fictional???