Tuesday, March 8

Day 18 - My Wedding

My wedding was just a little while ago. I liked it. It was fun. Of course, there are some things that I would have changed.

I would have liked to plan my wedding. Okay, not all of it. I kind of like that I got to Canada and a wedding had been planned and I didn't have to decide on all of the details myself, but I would have liked to have done some things that I didn't get to do. Like dress shopping. I loved my dress, but I didn't get to go to the store and try on lots of dresses until I found the right one. I didn't get to go dress shopping with Joyce and Jackie. The dresses they chose were perfect, but a shopping day would have been fun. A honeymoon would have been nice. Really, getting up the next morning to have breakfast at Mom and Dad's house is not a normal honeymoon activity.

There were parts I really liked. I liked the cake. It was really good. Especially the white cake with the chocolate icing. The Aunts made extra delicious buns for dinner. The hot chocolate bar was great. Dad sure was thinking when he decided that we needed Shirley Temples. Joyce made superb shortbread, and Jay made way too many dainties that all required sampling. I think I sampled them all and they were really good. It was in Canada. Samuel got a visa so he could be there. I really liked that part. Oh, I didn't mention my shoes. My shoes were gorgeous, even if they weren't very comfortable. I also really liked our vows. You know how I chose the vows? They were the ones that made me cry when I read them. I found a website with modern vows on it and read through them until I found the one that said all the right things. They were good vows and I said them to a pretty great man.

No comments: