Sunday, October 7

Where to start? So much has happened since last update. No new bugs, thank the Lord, but stuff has happened anyway. Let's see...

I went to Canada for Joyce's wedding. I spend way too much time either in airports or on airplanes in the last two weeks. I did discover that I can sit around for a long time and not get too bored. I only finished one book in the 30 hours in airports or airplanes, and I had started that one before I left. On the way back to Korea I talked to the ladies next to me. One was a Buddhist nun, and the other was studying Buddhism. They were very interesting, which was good because my television screen didn't work for the entire flight back so I couldn't watch movies. I'm not sure what I did for the rest of the time, but I must have done something, because I made it back. Work this week was exhausting. I was always tired. I think I'm over it now, because I was okay today. Saturdays are good for that.

The wedding was good, by the way. I won't bore you with details, because I'm pretty sure that everyone who reads this was there, but if you weren't, leave a comment and I'll give you details. Suffice it to say, I looked hot, Joyce looked hot, and we all had nice shoes. There, you got all of the important details.

Today we celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving. There were six Canadians, three Americans, two South Africans, and two New Zealanders. It was multi-cultural thanksgiving. We had way too much food, but that seems to be a part of Thanksgiving. It isn't Thanksgiving unless you eat too much to move. After the food we all sat around and laughed at nothing in particular, and then we played Taboo. It was a good Thanksgiving, even if we don't get a long weekend and I didn't get to go to Lectureship.

That's all for today. I'll save stuff for the next update.

6 comments:

armacleod said...

Shoes are very important!

Jackie said...

Glad you had a good thanksgiving and that you have finally caught upon your sleep. I would have to agree...we all looked HOT and we all had nice shoes...much nicer than the guys...who all had to wear the same ones. Isn't it great being a girl!!

Monica said...

Good summary!

RORRR said...

Happy (late) Thanksgiving! Glad you got to celebrate even if it wasn't the traditional. You'll have to get Diane to make pumkin cheesecake next time you're home and make that a tradition.
Melissa

Monica said...

Okay, now that we can't bug you to start a blog, we'll bug you to update it!

Pamela said...

Celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving in foreign countries has always been fun in my experience. I'm glad you had people to share it with!