Tuesday, March 11

A momentous event!

It had to happen some day I suppose. I knew it would. I couldn't put it off forever. Saturday was the day. I bought shoes. Not just any shoes. Shoes with laces. Running shoes. Yes, it's true, I now own sneakers. Isn't it amazing? This is what they look like. They look a little out of place surrounded by all those pretty heels, but that doesn't seem to bother them too much.
I bought them because I had to borrow shoes from a friend when we went hiking, and then so I could go play Ultimate Frisbee. I decided that I could have my own shoes. Yay me!

I think I have procrastinated from my homework for long enough now, but I'm sure I can still think of something else to do. Some of you will probably get an email tonight. I can always think of something to do other than homework.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations. But will you have them with you when you need them?

Nancy

armacleod said...

Looking good! I also got a new pair over Christmas. When I got home I thought that I would use them for my new DDR dancepad as I need shoes, and preferably clean ones. So I decided to continue wearing my old ones, so I have a pair of slightly used shoes bought over 3 months ago and I'm wearing my beatup ones from 2006. Cept they are Nikes' and they should last longer then 2 years...

Diane said...

Shoes!(It is hard to type when someone is milking all over you).

Jackie said...

Nice...for sneakers and all!! Can't really say they're pretty but they'll work for what you need them for.

Jennifer said...

I love the way you can find a reason to celebrate almost anything. What a great gift to yourself!